The Population Register Centre provides information services to citizens on the basis of data contained in the Population Information System. We promote digitalisation in order to make your life smoother.
We provide information services for companies and organisations and support the public sector in providing digital services.
The Finnish Population Information System is a computerised national register that contains basic information about Finnish citizens and foreign citizens residing permanently in Finland.
- Director General of the Population Register Centre Janne Viskari appointed digital leader of the year 2019
- Population Register Centre and local register offices will merge to form the Digital and Population Data Services Agency at the beginning of 2020
- The Population Register Centre’s report highlights new solutions for improving the accessibility and coverage of electronic identification
- Ensure yourself a place at the top event on digitalisation: Registration for the Spring Splash Seminar is now open!
- Document acceptance procedures to be simplified in EU countries