- Certificates from the Population Information System service has new features - Now you can order a certificate for a dependent and use the service in English
- Important documents available wherever you go – do you already receive electronic post from the authorities?
- Aino Jalonen, Pekka Rehn and Timo Salovaara named Directors of the Digital and Population Data Services Agency
- E-Authorisations make it easier to use pharmacy services on behalf of others
- Director General of the Population Register Centre Janne Viskari appointed digital leader of the year 2019
Certificates from the Population Information System service has new features - Now you can order a certificate for a dependent and use the service in English
The possibility to order a certificate for a dependent has been added to the Certificates from the Population Information System service as part of the VAAKA project. In addition, English has been added as a language that can be used in the service.
The service is still in the development phase and more certificates and features will be added to it in the future. The next features to be added to the service will be the possibility to order a certificate to another EU country, as well as certificates of birth, marriage, and marital status.
Certificates of existence and residence can be ordered on behalf of a dependent; this could previously be done only by the person him, or herself. The certificate can be ordered from the service in electronic form on a self-service basis. The certificate ordered through the service is available immediately, and it costs 6 euros. As a certificate ordered on a self-service basis does not require work by a local register office employee, it costs less than a paper version ordered from a local register office.
An electronic certificate differs in appearance from the current paper certificates. It has neither a stamp, nor the signature of a register office employee. Instead, it has added features: the logos of the local register office and the Population Register Centre as well as an identification code, making it possible to verify the authenticity of the certificate later at the local register office. Models of certificates and the service can be viewed on the web pages of a local register office.
Population Register Centre, Anu Aakula, Development Manager, tel. +358 295 535 200, anu.aakula(at)vrk.fi
The VAAKA project is a development project of the Finnish Population Information System, case management, archiving, and citizen's e-services. The project aims at updating personal information in population data and replacing the totality of case management and archiving. In the project services are digitalised to enable the digitalisation of our society to continue.