- Document acceptance procedures to be simplified in EU countries
- State employees take up skiing: If 100,000 citizens activate electronic messages from the authorities, the authorities promise to ski 10,000 kilometres
- Parliamentary elections 2019: Notifications of the right to vote are now posted electronically to Suomi.fi Messages
- Awareness of Suomi.fi increasing - Customers predominantly satisfied with services
- Suomi.fi performed very well in a recent European Commission study of digital public services.
- Spring Splash is coming once again – remember the date: 3 April 2019!
- Director General of the Population Register Centre Janne Viskari selected as influencer of the year 2018
- New Service Locations mobile app helps clients find public sector service locations
- Mobile certificates are worth using – The rapid advance of digitalisation highlights the importance of trustworthy identification
- Suomi.fi service will make managing of tax affairs increasingly flexible
The Director General of the Population Register Centre leaves for pension
Hannu Luntiala, the longstanding Director General of the Population Register Centre, leaves for pension the 1st of November, 2016.
Luntiala got his degree as a Master of Laws in 1979. He started to work at the Population Register Centre during the same year. Luntiala has had various posts at the Centre, for example the Department Chief and the Chief of Training.
He became the Director of the Population Register Centre in 1995 and the Director General in 2003. He was chosen as the Director General for another five-year-period again in 2008 and in 2013.
Luntiala leaves for holiday the 30th of September, 2016. Director Lea Krohns is his substitute from the 30th of September to 31st of November.
For further information:
Communications and Marketing Manager Pirjo Koivunen, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +358 295 535 353.