- Certificates from the Population Information System service has new features - Now you can order a certificate for a dependent and use the service in English
- Important documents available wherever you go – do you already receive electronic post from the authorities?
- Aino Jalonen, Pekka Rehn and Timo Salovaara named Directors of the Digital and Population Data Services Agency
- E-Authorisations make it easier to use pharmacy services on behalf of others
- Director General of the Population Register Centre Janne Viskari appointed digital leader of the year 2019
- Population Register Centre and local register offices will merge to form the Digital and Population Data Services Agency at the beginning of 2020
- The Population Register Centre’s report highlights new solutions for improving the accessibility and coverage of electronic identification
- Ensure yourself a place at the top event on digitalisation: Registration for the Spring Splash Seminar is now open!
- Document acceptance procedures to be simplified in EU countries
- State employees take up skiing: If 100,000 citizens activate electronic messages from the authorities, the authorities promise to ski 10,000 kilometres
Awareness of Suomi.fi increasing - Customers predominantly satisfied with services
The Population Register Centre carried out three surveys for its stakeholders at the end of 2018.
- The Suomi.fi awareness survey for citizens and entrepreneurs
- A customer satisfaction survey
- A service image study
Awareness of the Suomi.fi brand is currently at 61%. Awareness has increased by 40% in comparison to what it was in 2017.
On the basis of the Suomi.fi awareness survey, awareness of Suomi.fi has increased by one fourth among small and medium-sized companies. Currently, 67% of respondents recognised Suomi.fi. On the contrary, the percentage of those who had used the web service has remained at near the same level as in spring 2018 (25%).
The majority of respondents from small and medium-sized companies had positive user experiences of Suomi.fi services (73% of users). One sixth of users were dissatisfied.
Awareness of Suomi.fi among citizens has grown by one fifth from spring 2018. At this moment, 54% of citizens who responded to the survey were aware of Suomi.fi. The percentage of those who had used the web service has remained at near the same level as in spring 2018 (19%).
The majority of citizens who were Suomi.fi users (68%) had had a positive user experience of the service. Less than 10% of users were dissatisfied.
Customers predominantly satisfied with services
On the basis of a customer satisfaction survey, Population Register Centre customers were predominantly satisfied with services provided by the Population Register Centre. The results were slightly lower than the previous year, but the change was very slight. The overall points given for all of the Population Register Centre’s services was 8.3 (on a scale of 4–10). Respondents felt that especially data security had been well implemented in all services.
According to customers, areas that required the most development were the inclusion of customers in the development of services, reacting to feedback and the operational reliability of services.
The Population Register Centre is currently going through a large transition. Over the past six months we have reformed our operating practices and our organisation so that in the future we will be able to operate in a more customer-oriented manner and be better at serving and listening to our customers than in the past. This change is partly still underway. We can be happy that customer satisfaction has remained at a satisfactory level even during this significant transition,” says Director of Customer Operations Pekka Rehn.
A reliable, proficient and significant societal actor
According to the service image study carried out at the end of 2018, when stakeholder respondents asked about the Population Register Centre the most common spontaneous thoughts that came to mind were clearly related to the registration of population/personal data (42% of respondents). The next most common themes that came up were “reliability” (8%) and “Suomi.fi” (6%). The majority of stakeholder survey respondents had a positive perception of the services provided by the Population Register Centre.
By far the most common notions that came to citizens’ minds when asked about the Population Register Centre were related to the Population Information System (53% of respondents), statistics (12%) and the name service (8%). Of respondents to the citizens’ survey, 79-91% had a positive perception of the services provided by the Population Register Centre. Citizens gave the most positive feedback on the “Check your data”, “Notification of a move” and the “Suomi.fi Messages” services. 88-91% of citizens gave a positive assessment of these services.
Stakeholders and citizens felt that, as a rule, the Population Register Centre was a reliable and significant societal actor and proficient in its task. These perceptions of the Population Register Centre have grown stronger over the past year among one fifth of stakeholders.
Citizens felt that the activities of the Population Register Centre have developed in a positive manner compared to where they were in 2017. Now, 30% of citizens feel the Population Register Centre’s activities have developed in a positive manner whereas only 16% felt this way in 2017.
Respondents felt that the Population Register Centre’s website, press releases and newsletters were the most useful communications channels-
Inquiries on studies
Population Register Centre, Customer Experience Manager Pirjo Koivunen, firstname.lastname[at]vrk.fi