- Finland's and Estonia's data exchange layers connected to one another on 7 February - the rapid exchange of information between the countries is now possible
- Suomi.fi online service is expanding: Comprehensive data bank and advisory service opens for companies
- It is now possible to receive mail from the authorities electronically
- Finland first in the world to enable acting on behalf of another person electronically in social and health matters
- Janne Viskari appointed as Director General of Population Register Centre
- Population Register Centre of Finland works for more transparent digital world
- Finnish Immigration Service introduced e-Authorizations
- Services concerning public authority issues are now provided by the reformed Suomi.fi Web Service
- Reaktor to provide expert services in the project to reform population information system
- The Population Register Centre has selected Cybercom to develop and maintain the mobile apps for Suomi.fi Messages
Janne Viskari appointed as Director General of Population Register Centre
The Government appointed Janne Viskari, M.Sc. (Tech.) as Director General of the Population Register Centre on 9 November. Viskari will assume his post on 15 November. The appointment is for a fixed term of five years.
Viskari has worked at the Population Register Centre as a director and a member of the agency’s Management Board since 2014. As from the beginning of this year, he has served as Director of the Digital Services unit with responsibility for the development of digital services for citizens and the public administration. Prior to this, Viskari was head of the Service Architecture unit with responsibility for the implementation of the National Architecture for Digital Services programme. Before that, Viskari worked in senior management roles at Finnish Customs and in the private sector.
A total of 18 applications were received for the post of Director General of the Population Register Centre.
The Population Register Centre promotes the digitalisation of society and electronic services in Finland. Together with the local register offices, it provides the data in the Population Information System, enables its wide use in society, offers certified electronic services and provides and develops shared support services for the electronic services of the public administration.
Janne Viskari, Director General (as from 15 November 2017), Population Register Centre, tel. +358 295 535 022, janne.viskari(at)vrk.fi
Anna-Maija Karjalainen, Director General, Public Sector ICT, Ministry of Finance, tel. +358 295 530 165, anna-maija.karjalainen(at)vm.fi