- Finland's and Estonia's data exchange layers connected to one another on 7 February - the rapid exchange of information between the countries is now possible
- Suomi.fi online service is expanding: Comprehensive data bank and advisory service opens for companies
- It is now possible to receive mail from the authorities electronically
- Finland first in the world to enable acting on behalf of another person electronically in social and health matters
- Janne Viskari appointed as Director General of Population Register Centre
- Population Register Centre of Finland works for more transparent digital world
- Finnish Immigration Service introduced e-Authorizations
- Services concerning public authority issues are now provided by the reformed Suomi.fi Web Service
- Reaktor to provide expert services in the project to reform population information system
- The Population Register Centre has selected Cybercom to develop and maintain the mobile apps for Suomi.fi Messages
Finnish Immigration Service introduced e-Authorizations
As the first organisation in Finland, the Finnish Immigration Service has started using the Suomi.fi e-Authorizations functionality, in which an employer can grant electronic powers of attorney allowing a person to act on the employer’s behalf in Enter Finland, the Immigration Service’s e-service channel.
In Enter Finland, an employer can submit information on their company and the job, and pay the fee charged for an application on behalf of their employee. To verify the right to use e-services on behalf of the company, the Suomi.fi e-Authorizations is used.
Up till now, this service has been available for persons who had the authority to sign for a company or an organisation. As from 13 July 2017, an employer may also authorise a designated person to use the service. Rather than having to be in the service of the employer in question, the authorised person may represent a third party. You can access the service even if you have not used Enter Finland previously.
What are e-authorizations all about?
Giving authorizations is made easy in the new service, Suomi.fi e-Authorizations, which is provided by the Population Register Centre. Organisations are currently starting to use the service.
With Suomi.fi e-Authorizations, the authorities can verify that a person or a company is authorised to use the service on behalf of another person or company.
In the future, citizens can use Suomi.fi e-Authorizations to authorise a person or a company selected by them to use e-services on their behalf in a certain matter. A company may also authorise a person selected by it to use e-services on its behalf in a specified matter. The possibilities of using Suomi.fi e-Authorizations will be diversified significantly when increasing numbers of organisations start using the service and enable e-authorisations in the services their offer.
Further information about Suomi.fi e-Authorizations for organisations: https://esuomi.fi/palveluntarjoajille/valtuudet/
Further information about Suomi.fi e-Authorizations for citizens: http://vrk.fi/suomi.fi-valtuudet
About the services of the Finnish Immigration Service:
Finnish Immigration Service, Taru Forsell, Project Manager (E-services), firstname.lastname[at]migri.fi
About Suomi.fi e-Authorizations:
Population Register Centre, Janne Viskari, Director (Digital Services), firstname.lastname[at]vrk.fi